I was looking for something simple to measure the power from my solar panel that charges the batteries in my camping trailer. I have a battery monitor (Victron Energy BMS-700) which does measure the current across a shunt showing what is going in and what is being taken out of the batteries. However this does not show a true reading of what is coming from the Solar Panel when I have load on the batteries which I do almost all the time with the fridge on 24 hours a day.
The Kickass Watt Meter is a simple quality piece of kit to do just what I want. This connects inline from the Solar Panel to the camping trailer which I demonstrate in the video. The power meter shows me the watts being generated by the solar panel as well as the current which are the two main readings I was after.
Checkout the video review here…
The meter can also show you the following information:
- Current (Amps/A)
- Voltage (Volts/V)
- Power (Watts/W)
- Total Amps (Amp hours/Ah) since device initialised
- Total Power (Watt hours/Wh) since device initialised
- Highest Voltage Maximum (Vm) since device initialised
- Highest Power Peak (Watt Peak/Wp) since device initialised
- Highest Current Peak (Amp Peak/Ap) since device initialised
For more information please visit the Australian Direct Website here.